REPORT OF THE SCIDATA CONFERENCE ( 18 - 28 November 2021)
SciDataCon is organised by the two data bodies of the International Science Council (ISC): CODATA (the ISC's Committee on Data) and the WDS (the ISC's World Data System International Programme Office).
Since 2016, SciDataCon has been organised as an integral part of International Data Week (IDW). Following the postponement of IDW 2021 to June 2022 (hybrid and onsite in Seoul, Republic of Korea), it was decided to retain some of the most significant and time sensitive session proposals and to run them in a Virtual SciDataCon 2021.
The online conference took place on 18-28 October 2021, attracting over 1300 participants registered for the event, comprising of 43 session and covering the following themes:
- FAIR: interoperability and reusability
- Implementing and Assessing FAIR
- Policy Implementation (Open Science and FAIR)
- Data Skills
- Data Stewardship
- Data Centres and Repositories
- Research Infrastructures
- Global Open Science Clouds, Platforms and Commons
- Data for the Sustainable Development Goals and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Data in Cross-Domain Research
- Data in the Earth Sciences
- Strategic Discussions about CODATA and WDS Initiatives
For those who missed the conference, all session recordings are being made available in the CODATA Vimeo Channel (no log-in required). The recordings and presentations are also linked from the individual session descriptions under the SciDataCon 2021 programme.
For more questions, contact Bert Meerman from GFF, involved in WP 3.4 / WP 7.2 on International Initiatives ( email@example.com)