EOSC Researcher Engagement and Use cases Interest Group
- About the Researcher Engagement and Use cases Interest Group
The EOSC initiative aims at supporting more than 1.7 million researchers and boosting interdisciplinary research in Europe. To ensure that the EOSC meets the requirements and expectations of researchers, we need you: Your expertise on your fields, your research environments and on how your data is being captured, curated and analyzed is crucial. Thus, it should feed into the EOSC and help shaping your future research environment!
This Interest Group (IG) welcomes researchers, Research Institutions and Research Support Organizations to discuss, with you as the future users of the EOSC not only about the actual needs of your current research but also about future needs and requirements concerning research infrastructures, and services and share relevant success stories. We will elaborate visions on how research will be conducted in 5 to 15 years and what the effect and impact on research infrastructures will be.
The findings of this IG will feed directly into the work of the EOSC Executive Board (EB) and Working Groups (WGs) who are in charge of the development of the EOSC.
- About the EOSC Interest Groups (IGs)
The Interest Groups (IGs) were created to give the EOSC related community the opportunity to collaborate, share information, and discuss EOSC related topics. A first set of four IGs have been approved by the projects participating at the EOSC Coordination Day in Budapest, on November 28-29 2019.
The EOSCSecretariat.eu set up an IT platform to support the Interest Groups in their activities. This platform includes a workspace based on a public and open collaborative virtual space where the members can discuss, share documents and structure their collaboration.
The Interest Groups are open to all members of the EOSC community and EOSC-related projects, no limit in the number of participants from a single project is envisaged. Private area of discussion can be implemented upon request.
Each Interest Group is facilitated by at least one member of the EOSCsecretariat.eu.
- How to join the EOSC Interest Groups
To join an Interest Group simply click on the "Subscribe to Group" button on the top right corner on each Interest Group. If you are not logged in on the EOSCsecretariat website you will be asked to create a profile or to enter with your credentials.
- How to use the EOSC Interest Groups
After joining an EOSC Interest Group you will be listed among its members and you will be able to do the following:
- Start a New Discussion: Click on the yellow side button to start a new thread. Choose a title for your post and write your message in the "body" section. You can also add attachments or add a preview for your message by expanding the "summary" section. Tag your post with existing categories or request new tags by writing at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comment on an existing thread: Click on "Add new comment" to join an open discussion. As with a regular thread you can add a title, attachments and tags.
- Search among discussions: You can search by keyword contained in the title or by tag.
- Visit the Interest Group repository: Each Interest Groups has a related repository, accessible via the button on the right side bar. Members of the Interest Groups can download documents from the repository and suggest the addition of further shared documents. IG Facilitators are responsible for the addition and management of documents and folders on the repository.
- General Rules
1. No Spam / Advertising / Self-promotion in the forums
This forum defines spam as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites, or posts with little, or completely unrelated content. Do not spam the forum with links to your site or product, or use it to self-promote your website, business or forums etc. Spamming also includes posting the same content repeatedly. DO NOT ASK for email addresses or phone numbers. Failure to do so will result in your account being banned permanently and your posts to be deleted.
2. Don't post copyright-infringing material
Providing or asking for information on how to illegally obtain copyrighted materials is forbidden.
3. Do not post “offensive” posts, links or images
Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures. Use common sense while posting.
4. Remain respectful of other members at all times
All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective.
However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule.
5. Posts are moderated by the EOSCsecretariat team
The EOSCsecretariat team retains the right to moderate posts on this forum and to remove content that infringes the rules of the forum.
Supported by the EOSCsecretariat.eu partner TU Wien
In case you should encounter any issue or bug related to the EOSC Interest Groups or if you need support on its use please contact email@example.com
If you want to suggest the inclusion of other tags to the EOSC Interest Groups please contact firstname.lastname@example.org